Structured Query Language (SQL)
In this tutorial, you will be introduced to SQL and learn how to perform various database operations, specifically using a MySQL database.
SQL is a programming language designed to manage data stored in a relational database
management system (RDBMS). SQL was one of the commercial database languages in the 70s, since then different database vendors have implemented SQL in their products with some variations for example MySQL, Microsoft SQL Server, SQLite etc. In this tutorial we’ll be using MySQL database which is a SQL database used for websites and applications. SQL stores data in tables using rows and columns. You can think of a SQL table like an excel spreadsheet with data that can be queried with a programming language.
What Will I Learn?
- MySQL keywords and functions so as to perform simple to complex database operations eg CRUD
- Understand how databases work in the application domain
- How to export data from databases to CSV
- How to design databases for specific applications
- Create databases from existing ones
- Create tables and databases
- Insert data into a table